Cash prizes for championship sections*:
Open: $300, $200, $100.
Intermediate: $200, $100, $50
Junior: $100, $50, $30.
Mini: $50, $30, $30.
*It is at the adjudicators' discretion to choose the number of prizes to be awarded in each section. This may depend on number of participants and their quality of playing. All decisions are final.
• Entries with fees are to be received by Tuesday, 10 June 2018. No late entries will be accepted after this date.
• The same piece may NOT be performed by the same player in multiple sections.
• The 2018 Eisteddfod has limited enrolments in each section. Places are determined by order of registration.
• Fees are standard for all sections and are $25 per section.
• Entry fees will only be refunded if it is necessary to cancel a section. Where a participant does not show for a section or withdraws their application, fees will not be refunded.
• This eisteddfod is not open to professional players (a person who derives the major part of his/her income from flute performance.)
• In age specific sections, the competitor will be the prescribed age as at Sunday 17 June 2018.
• Previous winners of the Championship sections are eligible to re-enter.
• A competitor must perform different music in each section and may perform in any section only once.
• Where the time limit is set, competitors must not go over the specified time. The adjudicator has the right to ring a bell to signify the end of a performance if the time limit is not observed.
• In all sections, dress and presentation will be taken into consideration.
• Photocopied music must NOT be used in any performance (other than for page turns). The Flute Society NSW accepts no responsibility for unauthorised copy of materials by entrants and assumes that no copyright laws have been infringed.
• Contestants and their accompanists must be available for the entire duration of each section entered.
• The adjudicators' decision is final, and correspondence will not be entered into.
• The Flute Society NSW accept no responsibility for accident, injury or lost property of any competitor or audience member.
• The committee reserves the right to group two or more sections together, adjust timing of sections, or to cancel any section with insufficient entries.
• The Flute Society of NSW will organise and provide accompanists for the day of the Eisteddfod.
• Accompanist details will be provided below
• If contestants wish to rehearse with the nominated accompanist for their sections this must be organised and paid for by the contestant.
• Contestants are also welcome to organise their own accompanist for the performance at their own cost.
Phone: 0425 299 869
- 5/6 Grade - Own Choice Accompanied
- 5/6 Grade - Own Choice Study or Unaccompanied
- Minis Championship
- Junior Championship
- Duet Section
Szu Yu Chen
Phone: 0433 812 868
- 3/4 Grade - Own Choice Accompanied
- 3/4 Grade - Own Choice Study or Unaccompanied
- 10 Years and Under - Own Choice Accompanied, Unaccompanied or Duet
- 7/8 Grade - Own Choice Accompanied
- Intermediate Championship
Phone: 0425 377 422
- 7th Grade and Above - Study or Unaccompanied
- Baroque/Classical Style (Pre 1815) Open Age
- Romantic Style (1815-1945) - Open Age
- Modern Style (Post 1945) - Open Age
- Open Age Championship
• I declare as a condition of registration to attend and/or perform in the Flute Society of NSW Eisteddfod to accept all risks necessarily ﬂowing from my child’s participation which could result in loss or injury. Accordingly, I release the Flute Society of NSW and all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of this event from all claims, demands, proceedings arising out of my child’s participation and I hereby indemnify them against all liability (including liability for their negligence and the negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of my child’s participation in this event. The release shall extend to and include The Flute Society of NSW, MLC School, and their related companies, and their respective directors, ofﬁcers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers, owners, licensees and occupiers of the land upon which the event or any part of it is conducted of which it is involved either directly or indirectly with the event.
• Unaccompanied competitors and audience under the age of 16 will be required to complete a permission to attend form signed by parent/guardian. This form must be submitted to the Flute Society on the day of the Eisteddfod. Download form here.
• Parent/guardian of unaccompanied competitors and audience under the age of 16 will be required to Sign-On upon arrival at the venue and Sign-Off upon leaving the venue.
Authority for reproduction and release of photographs and digital image.
• As part of reporting on the news and events for the Flute Society of NSW sometimes photographs and digital video of students taken at Flute Society Events will be included on the website www.flutesocietynsw.org.au
• As part of your registration you authorise the Flute Society of NSW to release photograph(s)/ digital film footage of your child taken at the 2018 Eisteddfod to be used on the website of the Flute Society of NSW www.flutesocietynsw.org.au
FOOD AND DRINKS
Snacks and drinks will be available for sale (gold coin donation) at the venue.
MLC School is within walking distance of the Burwood Westfield Shopping Mall on Burwood Rd where there is a food court.
Please note that children under the age of 16 will not be permitted to leave the venue without a responsible adult and should bring food and drinks for the day.